Summer is the perfect time to write! For great ideas on grant writing…
Welcome to Teacher View Today - a forum for “teacher voice” and a platform for expressing concerns, sharing success stories and imparting strategies to help others successfully maneuver each day in the classroom. Whether teaching K-12 or college, we all share like experiences. I hope you’ll consider Teacher View Today your “go to” place for collaboration outside your classroom. Nancy Ellington
- End of the year? Let your students “shine”!
- Tending Gardens and Call for Teaching Memories
- Obama Administration Sends Mixed Messages on Teachers and Testing – – Education Week Teacher
- Why kids need more music in schools
- Learning Disabilities – a second look
- Take a creative break
- What about the child?
- The greatest teacher gift
- Ken Robinson: How to escape education’s death valley
- How can we improve early education?
Top Posts & Pages
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
Stop Questioning?"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." Albert Einstein
A child’s spontaneity
“We cannot know the consequences of suppressing a child's spontaneity when he is just beginning to be active. We may even suffocate life itself. That humanity which is revealed in all its intellectual splendor during the sweet and tender age of childhood should be respected with a kind of religious veneration. It is like the sun which appears at dawn or a flower just beginning to bloom. Education cannot be effective unless it helps a child to open up himself to life.”
CollaborationCollaboration is a gift. We collaborate with others throughout our lives and when we create a really special bond, are always surprised at the richness the encounter can bring. Take advantage of the richness collaboration can bring to your table. Working with others makes any process less stressful. Sharing concerns as well as successes lightens your load!
Thoughts on writing
Writing, to me, is simply thinking through my fingers.
Mean instructional salaries according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics updated March 27,2012…
Secondary School - $56,790
Higher Education - $51,630
Calendar of site posts…
Blogs I Follow
- Diane Ravitch's blog
- HarsH ReaLiTy
- Out of the Box Educational Services
- A Learning Experience
- Learn Italian with Lucrezia
- Quirk and Quill
- Diary of a(n) [insert here] Teacher
- Anything Articles!
- The Epiphany
- Christopher Nesbitt @cnesbitt1811